Our client, a London based multidisciplinary artist of a British-Nigerian heritage, who specialises in storytelling by fusing his British and Nigerian heritage to tell new stories in contemporary design is looking for an Assistant Buyer / Production Assistant to work closely with the principal to push the Homewares vision.
The principal began his practice in 2011 up-cycling vintage furniture, inspired by the traditional Nigerian parables and West African fabrics that surrounded him as a child and has gone on to become a successful and well-known artist and architect.
The studio now consists of a team of colour-obsessed architects and designers, with the expertise and capacity to take on large-scale architectural and interior design projects.
The studio continues to experiment with the relationship between function and form, with an output that sits between traditional divisions of art and design.
In this role, you will be supporting the principal, a brand strategist, production team and their international suppliers. This role will touch upon many aspects of a luxury homeware / lifestyle brand and provide the fundamental experience necessary for someone looking to further their career in the industry.
Are you dynamic, highly-organised and adaptable?
Can you develop relationships?
Do you have the ability to solve problems and deliver efficiency?
Are you ready to be part of a great studio?
Hours: Full time
Location: West London
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Upload and maintain all information in our product software system
- Manage the end-to-end process of order placement
- Coordinate sample management to ensure all samples are available for internal meetings and all information is recorded accurately in the relevant tools e.g. range plan
- Manage the maintenance of the critical path, hold weekly communication meetings internally and with suppliers to ensure all samples, testing and garment production is on track.
- Ensure dates are met to achieve agreed launch dates
- Manage product approval process to ensure lab dips, bulk submits and trims for product meet critical path dates
- Point of contact for suppliers, agents, mills and factories
- Assist in price negotiations with suppliers to ensure seasonal target margins are met
- Coordinate sample management for all internal and external shoots ensuring accurate information is passed on to the marketing team
- A proactive approach to reviewing weekly sales performance, ensuring appropriate action is taken swiftly. Contribute to seasonal sales performance and lessons learnt
- Manage the competitor research for the department, issuing a monthly report of your findings
- Support the wider product team with post-management
Candidates must be / have:
- Minimum of 18 months experience as either a BAA or production coordinator
- The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic and proactive, with a hard-working, conscientious attitude
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills are required
- Able to think on their feet and take on responsibility
- Time management skills, ability to meet deadlines in a very busy and demanding role
- The ability to use own initiative in a fast-paced but fun and collaborative environment
- Alongside this you have strong analytical skills with the proven ability to problem solve and drive business insight from data
- You have a high proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Create commercial ranges that are right for our target consumer
- Analyse sales data highlighting best/worst performers and take appropriate action
- Strong understanding of our target consumer, competitors and marketplace platforms
- Liaise with factories to ensure that deadlines are met
- Ensure we are achieving set launch dates
- Assist with the development of product ranges
- Ability to independently build a small product range
- Understanding of the supply chain
- Commercial awareness
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is SORTED’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.