- client, a boutique Asset Management firm and Private Office based in the West End, is recruiting for an experienced and lightning-fast individual to join their well-established team as a Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to support the Senior Partner and the ideal candidate will have significant experience working in a family office or to a senior support role within a small corporate. They will be efficient with an eye for detail, confident and extremely numerate. Self-motivated but accustomed to working well as a team, the candidate must be used to handling large volumes of work, working at an exceptionally fast pace and keeping calm and controlled throughout. Additionally, a flexible mindset is a must as the role will involve considerable variety of tasks on a daily basis.
The role will involve a significant amount of time working directly to the Senior Partner as well as, to a lesser extent, the CFO and CIO. The support team is overseen by the current Senior EA / Chief of Private Staff with whom you will work closely and collaborate to consistently deliver results. This relationship requires open communication, with an emphasis on a constructive and friendly environment. Looking for someone who not only executes required work but has a logical and forward-thinking approach to constantly work on improving processes wherever possible. Your thoughts and input are necessary and valuable – there are no egos and there is no competition within the team.
Hours: 8.30am-6pm, Mon to Fri with availability beyond regular office hours
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Complex calendar management and travel arrangements for the Senior Partner, often also involving the CIO, CFO and several board members
- Maintaining inboxes and contacts through Outlook and external CRM system
- Drafting, reviewing and editing daily correspondence on the Senior Partner’s behalf
- Taking live and recorded dictation
- Archiving, reviewing and refining file management system
- Liaising with office and domestic staff, clients and service providers / answering calls and handling queries
- Preparing documents, presentations, and taking notes for meetings
- Planning, organising and managing events e.g. theatre, restaurants, concerts, festivals, shoots etc.
- Planning, organising and managing events on behalf of the Senior Partner and/or his family
- Maintaining investment records and transactions
- Liaising with various private banking teams to execute transactions on behalf of the principal
- Liaising with personal political and charitable interests of the Senior Partner
Candidates must be / have:
- Extensive experience in a similar family office environment or to a senior corporate
- Excellent writing / grammar
- Fast typing skills (80+ WPM)
- Accustomed to extremely fast working pace
- Knowledge of German or Portuguese an advantage (not essential)
- Highly numerate
- A good communicator
- IT literate
- Some investment / finance knowledge is desirable
- 15% Pension Contribution
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Extensive private Healthcare
- Travel insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus the period between Christmas and New Year
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
It is Arc’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.