Financial Controller & Tax Manager within one of the largest global Multi-Family Office / Wealth Management groups, working exclusively for one UHNW client and his family, reporting directly to the family principal and the Partner / Managing Director of the London Family Office. The principal is a successful entrepreneur and is actively involved in a successful and well known global real estate and retail business and requires an outstanding and experienced senior qualified accountant and CTA to take ‘ownership’ of corporate, tax and personal financial matters across the wide spectrum of all his and his family’s activities.
Hours: Full time
Location: The family office in Mayfair, the principal’s home in W11 and remotely from your own home on occasion
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Monitoring and forecasting family cashflow – involving information gathering from other sources – trustees, the company, specialist professionals, banks, the family. Reviewing proposed transactions to be undertaken by the principal business in which the client is invested, and the tax (complex and multi-jurisdictional) and other consequences of these for the family as investors.
· Liaison with and advising the Trustees of a family trust in respect of the trust administration and needs of beneficiaries.
· Final preparation/oversight of the Trust’s accounts
· Attending various meetings with the client and /or with the client’s other advisers and/ or with the team behind the client’s main investment.
· Overseeing the operation of the household and company payrolls.
· Final preparation/oversight of annual financial statements for two small family companies and one small partnership
· Thinking proactively for the family and in particular being forward looking, solution driven and raising matters needing the family’s consideration.
· Managing client’s charitable exposures.
· Reviewing proposed company restructuring and amendments to investor agreements from the perspective of protecting the family interests. It is estimated that this happens 2-3 times each year.
· Reviewing of investment and sale opportunities, preparing financial models and advising on appropriate structures for such investments.
· Financial oversight of a significant capital project likely to be undertaken by the family and liaising with the project team to monitor budgets and expenditure.
· Personal tax – advising the client on personal tax matters covering a variety of income streams, including employment matters, dividend and investment income, partnership income. Advising on the tax implications of various investments both in the UK and abroad. Oversight of the preparation of personal tax returns and ensuring that tax liabilities are settled in a timely manner.
· Corporate tax – advising on UK investment companies on the taxation of income received from worldwide investments. Overseeing the preparation of corporate tax returns and other statutory filings (for example P11D and PSA).
· Trusts – advising the trustees of the family trust on its UK tax obligations and the tax implications for beneficiaries of income and capital receipts from the trust.
· Partnership taxation – advising on the tax implications for both the client’s company and the family trust on partnership tax matters in relation to investments. The client also operates a small farming business as a partnership
· International tax –investments in several different jurisdictions, in Europe and further afield. An important part of the role is understanding how the UK tax system interacts with the local tax regime of each of these investments, including matters such as withholding tax and double tax treaties.
The interaction of all of the above forms a significant part of the advice, modelling and forecasting that is carried out for the client. A firm understanding of these matters, and how they are affected by variations in the client’s plans and the activity of the client’s investments, forms a key part of the role, allowing the client to understand the family’s financial position at all times.
Candidates must be / have:
· Ability to work closely with a family
· Robust – an ability to work under pressure
· Commercial awareness
· Good communicator
· Quick thinking and quick responder
· Adaptable / growth mind-set
· Proficient in accounting spreadsheet and financial modelling and a high level of Excel competence
· Likely to have experience working in practice and in a family office.
· Circa 10 years’ experience post qualification as an accountant
· Chartered or Certified Accountant
· Chartered Tax Adviser or Tax qualified by experience
· Experience with offshore Trusts
· A good grasp of company law
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com
It is Arc’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.