This an exciting opportunity to join A Charity as part of a team dedicated to the welfare of wounded veterans. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of professional administrative and business support. You will have an eye for detail, and the ability to work quickly, independently and efficiently. This is a mixed location role both remotely and at the London offices. Assisting the Founder, COO and Charity Committee members in ensuring the smooth day to day organisation and administration of the charity. The PA will be responsible for coordinating those responsible for carrying out Trustees/Executive Committee decisions and, where appropriate/necessary, getting involved to ensure timely delivery. Your place of work will vary between the Founder’s house (W2), the office in Chelsea and your home, depending on COVID restrictions. Flexibility will be needed, but it is expected that you will work with the Founder at her house one day a week and a couple of days in the office.
Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday plus additional out of hours support during fundraising events
Location: Central London
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 per annum, depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Organise and coordinate meetings and travel arrangements
- Maintain schedules and calendars for the Trustees
- Arrange and confirm appointments
- Organize internal and external events
- Handle incoming mail and other material ensuring redirection where appropriate. Locating and managing invoices and expenses with in-house accountant.
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
- Input and organise data in the charity’s CRM system
- Implement and maintain office systems and collating information to ensure smooth running of office, including:
- Management of office supplies, ensuring printers at office and other work areas have plentiful supply of paper, toner, ink etc.
- Set up and maintenance of filing systems (both physical and virtual)
- Set up and maintenance of work procedures
- Set up and maintenance of databases
- Operate office equipment (ensuring Laptop, Hard drives, Printers, Phones etc. maintained)
- Liaison with internal and external contacts, communicating verbally and in writing, answering enquiries, providing information – ensuring attention to detail in all communications
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally, ensuring good communication between Trustees and Committee Members
- Ensuring good communication and clear understanding between Trustees and other SWV areas: Event Management, the Ski Week, Mentoring, Employment and Pain Management, i.e. full awareness of meetings that are taking place, and good communication with administrators in these areas.
- Take/type and distribute minutes of meetings
- Maintain HR files for all employees and contractors including annual data updates, security checks etc.
Candidates must be / have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- IT familiarity and Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficient in using CRM systems (preferably eTapestry)
- Previous relevant PA/Administrative experience, plus demonstrable project coordination skills.
- Experience of working with committees and dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- A self-starter and able to work to deadlines whilst coping with competing priorities.
- An adept problem solver, with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to build credibility with individuals at all levels.
- Event management experience
- A good understanding of GDPR and treatment of confidential information
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com
It is SORTED’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.