Our client is a privately owned company involved in commercial property investment and development. There are three subsidiary companies in the group and approximately 70 properties in the portfolio. The business is managed by a small team comprising the full time CEO, the Finance Director and a part time Management Accountant.
Hours: 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Location: London, W1
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Start Date: Mid-August
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing secretarial support such as phone answering, diary management, filing, general office errands (post office, bank, etc.)
- Providing full Office Facilities Management (including basic office maintenance);
- Ordering and monitoring stationery, subsistence and all other office supplies;
- Greeting guests and preparing the board room for meetings;
- Undertaking personal tasks for the CEO and, occasionally his family
- Organising lunches, Christmas parties, booking hotels and flights, Easter and Christmas cards & gifts
- Creating and updating Excel spreadsheets and Word reports as required;
- Assisting with bookkeeping tasks such as inputting of purchase invoices, bank receipts and payments (experience of working with SAGE software would be preferable but not essential);
- Reconciling petty cash and company credit card expenses
- Liaising with managing agents and overseeing the letting management of several residential properties;
- Liaising with the company’s external suppliers, e.g. IT support, cleaning and security alarm companies, Canon, electricity suppliers, etc.
Candidates must be / have:
- Able to manage changing priorities with ease, to multitask, problem solve and work pro-actively with the minimum of supervision;
- Discreet, dedicated, diligent and loyal individual with a solid work history and good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent telephone manner and command of the English language as well as confidence to communicate at all levels;
- IT literate with strong MS Word and MS Excel skills;
- A mature attitude with the capacity to rise to a challenge, learn new skills and to undertake quite basic and more significant tasks with equal willingness;
- Someone who takes great care in the presentation and accuracy of their work and pays attention to detail;
- Good numerical skills.
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com
It is SORTED’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.