An exceptional opportunity to support an incredibly busy and inspiring individual across all her business, philanthropic and private affairs. The position is central to the effective running of the principal’s life, liaising between the family office, all household staff, the principal’s foundation and the family business based in India. Based from the family’s historic home and the family office (both in Mayfair) this is a demanding role requiring full commitment.
Hours: Full-time, with regular out of hours support required in evenings and weekends
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Offer administrative support to the Principal by providing services such as telephone, calendar maintenance, messaging, correspondence and general communication. From time to time will support the House Manager on administrative duties when needed.
· Maintain an up-to-date and accurate calendar of the Principal. Provides regular updates relative to changes and conflict. Communicates calendar status according to established standards to all parties as necessary.
· Answer all incoming calls and takes messages as appropriate. May generate outside calls, handle and forward calls as needed. Ensure follow-up and communication according to established performance standards.
· Reviews, handles, forwards and tracks e-mail according to established standards.
· Prepares written communication, memorandums, letters and e-mails according to established standards.
· Create and maintain all paper and electronic files according to established standards that meet the needs of the Principal. Manage all the administrative duties for the home with an appropriate filing system in place and constantly updated. Secure electronic records retained within the relevant software.
· Responsible for creating meaningful first and last impressions of the home.
· Complies with all Work Rules, Safety Standards and Standards of Conduct.
· Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
· May be assigned other duties at the discretion of management.
· Oversee school letters relating to the children of the household.
· Keep an accurate record of all family contacts birthdays, anniversary and address lists, ensure they are up to date for family associates, friends and the children’s contact lists are updated.
· Ensuring gifts as instructed are sent to the right addresses. Check online social media for friends’ birthdays - anniversaries and special occasions to make sure all are accurately captured.
· Proactively suggest / present ideas of gifts and flowers. Arrange personalised stationery, gift tags, wrapping papers, ribbons to be ordered and available for use.
· Retain and keep up to date, all doctors’ numbers for each member of the family – including a record of all medical emergency numbers.
· Medical file records should be maintained with appointment reminders and all relevant files and required information should be ready in the car before appointments. Drivers must be informed of all appointment locations and timings just before the family get to the cars.
· Maintaining an up-to-date copy of the children’s schedules and remind Governess / Nannies to have the same sent for the week ahead, these should be made available no later than each Saturday after they have confirmed classes with coaches/tutors.
· Send children’s proposed schedules to the principal along with the week’s menus. Feedback any requirements / comments or amendments to the right person in the house responsible to ensure smooth operations.
· When any classes are fixed and require a teacher to come to the house, ensure that the Security and House Manager are made aware in advance.
· Politely ask about fees for any tutors / teachers and gain authorization for this expenditure from the principal. Monitor invoices and ensure these are paid on time to the tutors.
· Pass on any CV’s relating to the recruitment of the Governess / Nanny team (and any other agreed roles) and set up an initial phone screening call and then in person interview timings for any selected candidate. Ensure diaries are updated for this and all relevant paperwork is available in advance.
· Pro-actively research any online articles, press or social media articles relating to the principal. Monitor Wikipedia page and any magazines where the principal is featured.
· Any Indian PR information should be channeled through in a timely manner.
· Records of any articles completed by the principal must be maintained. Including all interview answers and press pictures.
· Maintain a database of all past professional pictures taken of the principal and identify and keep records of which photos have been used and when. Identify stock for future use and identify any gaps that may require new shoots to be arranged for ones that may be required.
· Keep track of all foundation related interactions, the foundation and interactions with the property management teams for India too - assistance in aligning procurements to prevent wastage.
· Keep all the passport copies for all family and any staff that travel. Keep updated records of visa’s any proactively manage any renewals required.
· Keep nannies or travel assistants informed about procurements and plans after taking the principal’s approval on the same.
· Work effectively with the principal’s other EA’s. This will include coordinating zoom calls, supporting with conference calls and managing meetings / projects with relevant parties managing:
o All foundation work interactions.
o Project work and interactions with the property management team
o Accounts for stud farm management work coordination.
o India properties
· Managing any personal purchases for any of the family members that may be required, keeping an eye on specifications.
· Home Project / styling meetings and Event coordination, ensure a note of points of meeting are sent out / received post meeting, to ensure follow ups and delivery is as per discussions.
· Set up a process for any packages and gifts coming in. Decorative hold items ordered by the principal and everything that comes into homes should be photographed and recorded and sent to the principal, this includes clothes/ packages coming in for the principal and the children.
· Manage the provision of music in the house
Candidates must be / have:
· Extensive experience supporting an UHNWI in a Private PA capacity
· Experience working in a formal household
· Good London knowledge – restaurants, events, galleries, openings etc
· Understanding of impeccable 5 Star service levels
· Faultless attention to detail
· Proactive and able to use your initiative
· Well-educated and well-presented
· Strong communication skills – able to effectively communicate across all levels
· Previous experience managing high level events, with VVIP guestlists
· The ability to work flexible days/hours as needed based on demands of the house.
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com
It is SORTED’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.