Our client, a London based multidisciplinary artist of a British-Nigerian heritage, who specialises in storytelling by fusing his British and Nigerian heritage to tell new stories in contemporary design is looking for a Project Manager / Studio Manager to work closely with the principal and his team to co-ordinate the day-to-day running of the studio and supporting the overall vision.
The principal began his practice in 2011 up-cycling vintage furniture, inspired by the traditional Nigerian parables and West African fabrics that surrounded him as a child and has gone on to become a successful and well-known artist and architect.
The studio now consists of a team of colour-obsessed architects and designers, with the expertise and capacity to take on large-scale architectural and interior design projects.
The studio continues to experiment with the relationship between function and form, with an output that sits between traditional divisions of art and design.
As a Project Manager, you will act as the day-to-day point of contact for a wide portfolio of clients. Working in an agile and creative working environment. Your leadership and drive will be responsible for the successful delivery of large-scale design projects. Throughout the design process, you will work closely with the principal and team to manage the workflow with overview of budget, capacity management and the ability to make key decisions
The successful candidate will also be responsible for seeking out and supporting new business opportunities. This will include managing the production of our tender submissions.
Are you dynamic, highly-organised and adaptable?
Can you develop relationships?
Do you have the ability to solve problems and deliver efficiency?
Are you ready to be part of a great team and manage the core operational function of the studio?
Hours: Full time
Location: West London
Salary: £40k depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Create and maintain the Project Plan for all projects during build and run phase, ensuring that large scale and / or multiple project(s) are delivered and managed successfully to the highest standards of delivery
- Contribute to the creative, technical, and strategic direction of the project by working as key part of a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team
- Act as day-to-day client point of contact, facilitating the resolution of problems, in collaboration with project technical leadership
- Identify and evaluate project risks/issues and able to devise & implement effective mitigation strategies
- Budget and capacity management
- Providing internal monthly and external project status reports
- Keeping detailed minutes for all meetings and distributing to stakeholders
- Change request management and documentation
- Prioritise according to the project need and in line with stakeholder expectations
- Recognising and highlighting potential new business opportunities with the client
- Chair and co-ordinate large meetings and conference calls
- Winning and managing client projects on a global level, across strategy, brand communications and interiors, from inception to final sign off
- Managing all elements of the office maintenance as well as day to day management of the studio
- Processing invoices, expenses and VAT
- Upkeep of the website, social media and tender submissions
Marketing and communication abilities
- Assisting with or organising tasks such as social media, project photography and website updates and bid submissions
- Assisting with developing and implementing PR/marketing strategy plans
- Optimise performance, reach and engagement on all social media (Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn) including monitoring and reporting
- Maintain and update marketing documentation and databases
- Writing copy for proposals, and compiling and presenting information into comprehensive documents with a strong and graphic presence
- Tracking bids, monitoring submission deadlines and following up where required
- Providing regular feedback on any successes/weaknesses and identifying/advising on areas of improvement that can be made for future bids/practice protocols
- Coordinating production of fee proposals and portfolios in relation to new business leads, keeping an up to date centralised database of documents, and setting up meetings with key contacts as required
- Maintaining company bid literature, including all staff CVs and the bid information library
- Copywriting for bids and other practice literature including the SEW website
- Client management, including strategic thinking around growing client base
- Working with the thought leadership team to create an annual marketing programme
- Website management
- Developing, driving and implementing all press releases, collating project information, and liaising with various consultants, as required
Candidates must be / have:
- Principled, pragmatic and calm – always ten steps ahead; expert in time management / scheduling
- Energetic and optimistic – able to inspire confidence in people at all levels, an ambassador for the company
- Curious, sociable, positive and connected – in people, ideas, culture, commerce
- Fantastic organisation skills with high attention to detail – a practical problem solver
- Positive can-do attitude
- Able to work at speed: both in collaboration with others and also independently
- Providing solutions with a positive outlook; ability to juggle a number of projects simultaneously, resourceful, with energy and a charming touch
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Statutory holiday of 21 days + Bank Holidays (days in lieu given for Bank Holidays worked)
- Statutory sickness
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Please note that these instructions apply to ALL candidates and applications that do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
Send your information to: email@example.com
It is SORTED’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within five working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.